Situation. No change. Many Americans have no idea of China’s devastations to America. Chinese Community Party aggression against USA is fueled by Americans still believing, buying, and investing in “Made in China”. Mainstream media rivets Americans’ attention to lesser matters.
Americans have a twin challenge with China’s expanding advantage.
- The American Factor – Ongoing self-sabotage by Americans in public and private sectors
- The China Factor – Active aggression by the Chinese Communist Party against USA
The American Factor. Commentary on solutions to America’s systemic disadvantages will be addressed in future reports. This delay is driven by the need to first update on “Advantage China”.
The China Factor. The US National Security Advisor on 26 June 2020 summarized America’s dilemma in one sentence:
“America, under President Trump’s leadership, has finally awoken to the threat the Chinese Communist Party’s actions and the threat they pose to our very way of life.”
Australia, Great Britain, and Canada Precedents
Silent Invasion, China’s Influence in Australia. “From politics to culture, real estate to agriculture, universities to unions, and even in our primary schools, the book’s author, Clive Hamilton, uncovered compelling evidence of the Chinese Communist Party’s infiltration of Australia.”
British elite ‘being groomed by China. “A powerful body of business and political figures dedicated to stronger ties with China is taking legal action over a book which claims that President Xi’s government is grooming Britain’s elites. The 48 Group Club, of which the former deputy prime minister Lord Heseltine is a founding patron, took down its website after Hidden Hand, an exposé of Chinese influence networks, was published. Stephen Perry, a London businessman who chairs the 48 Group Club, has begun legal action to stop the publication of the book in the UK and Canada…”
Claws of the Panda, Beijing’s Campaign of Influence and Intimidation in Canada. This book “tells the story of Ottawa’s failure to recognize and confront the efforts by the Chinese Communist Party to infiltrate and influence Canadian politics, academia, and media, and to exert control over Canadians of Chinese heritage. Jonathan Manthorpe gives a detailed description of the CCP’s campaign to embed agents of influence in Canadian business, politics, media and academia.”
Chinese Communist Party’s imperative is to isolate USA from these allies. The same invasion processes used in UK, Canada, and Australia have long been at work in USA. However, it has taken until 26 June 2020 for the US Government to make the pronouncement that “America… has finally awoken to the threat the Chinese Communist Party’s actions…” US Government had had plenty of warnings.
Stealth War. How China Took Over While America Slept, by Brigadier General (Retired) Robert Spalding, mirrors the discovery of Australians, British, and Canadians. US Government at the highest levels did not heed General Spalding when serving the US National Security Council and the Joint Chiefs of Staff. This is a sign of deep-seated internal challenges to be overcome.
Threat Indicators. By now, the internet is flooded with CCP exposures, past and present. The following link provides an update with 34 references profiling the nature and extent of Advantage China.
- Great Britain’s King College Policy Institute talks pointedly about the CCP in the following document, Towards a UK Strategy and Policies for a Relation with China, June 2020. Of note is this statement:
“Put simply, the CCP’s foreign policy is to use its economic heft to reinforce a stick-and-carrot approach in dealing with others. Align with its interests and other countries can share in China’s economic rise through enhanced trade and investment; go against them and be shut out. This more assertive, at times bullying, approach is reinforced by a much-strengthened external propaganda effort and by the “united front” strategy. This latter is an application abroad of what Mao called the “third magic weapon”, a programme either to bring on side, or to isolate and destroy, those who were neutral or opposed to the Party.”
The preceding references reinforce the following realities about the CCP:
- The CCP entices American and allied elites with cash and economic incentives.
- Withholding cash and economic incentives is then the method for controlling addicted elites.
- Debt burdens are the weapon of choice for controlling nation state leaders for natural resource dominance and strategic terrain control.
- The CCP then manipulates the masses by Information Age technologies and methods as its consumer base to assure the flow of cash.
- CCP-controlled social media is weaponized for disinformation, propaganda, and espionage.
- Intellectual property theft and purchases have been the basis for information and high-tech market monopolization.
- Information technology monopolization is the imperative for Global Cognitive Control.
- CCP Wolf Diplomacy coerces nation states globally, in parallel.
- China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) is grand-scale invasion and economic monopolization.
- BRI projected power is supplemented by power projection using modernized military, para-military, and surrogate capacities.
- Currency manipulation, cheap labor, and favored nation trade status enable “Made in China’s” destructive advantage over its competition.
- CCP’s dominance strategy depends on USA, allies, and the rest of the world being obedient and compliant.
- CCP is now driven by paranoia of global pushback from CCP’s exposure about COVID-19.
- Aggressive disinformation is CCP’s main effort to secure its hold on advantage.
The conspicuous lack of US mainstream media coverage of all this may not be sufficient to mask all the facts that continue to accumulate. American – Australian – British – Canadian – New Zealand solidarity on countering CCP is a baseline imperative. The India, EU, and Japan are decisive powers in this contest. On this will hang the collective ability to rebalance the competitive field of play with China.
The China Factor Report #012 will next address Framing Solutions for US Systemic Vulnerabilities.
The China Factor Network
p.s. Along with all of our reports, we invite counter-point arguments and inputs. Contact us directly by clicking here.